Covid-19 has taught us many things. One of them is that the country requires more self-reliance if we are to thrive. And while the corona crisis has been positive for many local retailers and independent traders who have felt an influx of demand from the public, British manufacturing – which is world-leading in so many areas – could still benefit from extra support. And that starts with each of us.
Here at DosaFil®, we’re committed to supporting British industry, skills development, and local economies as much as possible. In fact, since our inception in 2017, we have always aimed to ‘shop local’ for our business and engineering services and product, sourcing all of our suppliers for specialist components, office equipment and engineering services from the Northwest region, and where unavailable, from the UK.
We are proud to support the British manufacturing network and this is one of the main reasons DosaFil® joined Made in Britain in 2017.
Made in Britain is another way that companies can support the industry. It brings together the British manufacturing community, united with the use of the registered collective mark. The mark is protected and can only be used by members of Made in Britain that meet the criteria they set to guarantee the member is a British manufacturer. By joining, members benefit from a licence to use the protected mark and receive their own manufacturer page in the Made in Britain Directory.
Thinking about how you can support British manufacturing?
Steve Crick, Managing Director of DosaFil®, gives five reasons why joining Made in Britain can help:
- Members can easily source materials and expertise (wherever possible) in Britain.
- The Made in Britain collective mark adds credibility to a manufacturer – for us, this is our DosaFil® range of devices.
- Members can network with other British manufacturers within the engineering/construction industry, boosting business.
- A company profile on the Made in Britain directory is great for building credibility and trust. It also helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
- Overseas credibility thanks to The Made in Britain collective mark. At DosaFil®, we’ve found that the mark gives overseas buyers reassurance in the quality of the product.
To find out more about Made in Britain: